Halloween Cheesecake Bars
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 16 Portions
Author: Heather - A Wicked Whisk
- ▢ 20 - 25 chocolate sandwich cookies
- ▢ 1/3 cup sugar
- ▢ 2 tablespoons butter melted
- ▢ 3 8 ounce packages of cream cheese softened
- ▢ 3/4 cup sour cream
- ▢ 3/4 cup sugar
- ▢ 3 large eggs
- ▢ 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ▢ 1/2 teaspoon salt
- ▢ Orange and Black Food Coloring
- To make Halloween Cheesecake Bars, start by preheating your oven to 325 degrees and adding a large pan of water to your bottom oven rack.
- Begin your cheesecake bars by adding your chocolate sandwich cookies to a food processor and pulse until pulverized. If you do not have a food processor, no worries, simply add them to a large zip top bag, push out the extra air and then seal up the bag. Gently beat the cookies with something heavy like a pan or a rolling pin until they are reduced to crumbs.
- Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter and sugar together in a mixing bowl and then pour the cookie mixture into a 9 x 13 baking pan lined with parchment paper. Using your fingers or a spoon, firmly press the cookies evenly on the bottom and sides of the baking pan to make your crust. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese until creamy and then add in sugar and salt and mix well. One by one, add in eggs and beat until each is incorporated before adding in the next one. Add in sour cream and vanilla and continue mixing until you have a creamy filling. Transfer 1 1/3 cup of cheesecake filling evenly into two separate bowls and add orange food coloring to one bowl and black to the other. Mix the food coloring in to combine.
- Pour the white cheesecake filling on top of the cookie crust crust and smooth until even. Using a spoon, pour alternating lines of black cheesecake filling and orange cheesecake filling down the length of the cheesecake. Swirl the colors into the cheesecake filing using the back of knife (or a chopstick!) to create a beautiful swirl pattern. The more swirls, the better..
- Bake in oven for 50-55 minutes or until center is no longer wobbly. When baking time is done, turn off oven, open oven door and let your Halloween Cheesecake Bars sit for one hour in the open oven. Remove from oven and refrigerate overnight before pulling up on parchment paper and removing from baking pan. Cut into squares and serve!