Who doesn't love fall? It's the perfect time of the year for cozy sweaters, campfires, s'mores, and beautiful falling leaves. September 22nd is the official day! Mark your calendars and ready your campfires, because fall is right around the corner.
Fun Colorful Facts About Fall
— Babies born in Fall (September-November) are more likely to live until they're 100 years-old.
— A study in the journal called "Perception" said that men tend to think women are more attractive in the cooler seasons, such as fall.
— Scientists believe that global warming could affect the colors of fall.
— Some researches found that men are more likely to cuddle up to their loved ones and watch a romantic comedy during the cooler months of fall.
— Fall begins once the center of the sun crosses Earth's equator.
— Many birds prepare for the winter migration during the season of fall.
— Americans use the word "fall," but British use the word "autumn." Before these terms were founded, the period was called "harvest."
— People who live on the equator or central areas of Earth, never experience fall.
— In Greek Mythology, fall starts once Persephone returns to Hades in the underworld.
Apple Butter Spice Cake
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup whole bran cereal or wheat germ
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- Add all ingredients to list
- Ready In
1 h 5 m
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9x13-inch pan.
- Prepare the topping by mixing together the brown sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and chopped pecans.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter and sugar together in a large bowl with an electric mixer until light and fluffy; add eggs one at a time, thoroughly beating each egg into the butter mixture before adding the next. Add apple butter, vanilla, and wheat germ or bran cereal. Add sifted dry ingredients alternately with sour cream; mix well after each addition.Pour half the batter into the prepared pan; sprinkle with half of the topping.
- Pour remaining batter into pan and top with the rest of the topping.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, about 40 minutes.